PREP TIME: 55 min
COOK TIME: 45 min
SERVES: 8 slices
SERVING SIZE: 1 slice
250g cottage cheese
2 eggs (size M)
35g coconut flour
10g psyllium husks
45g erythritol or up to taste
ground Ceylon cinnamon
powdered erythritol (for dusting)
- Put the cottage cheese in a medium bowl and mash it with a fork. Add beaten egg and mix well until smooth.
- Add coconut flour, erythritol and psyllium husks. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Place the dough in the fridge for at least 10 minutes, then divide it into two equally sized balls.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Roll each ball between two sheets of parchment paper but make sure you don’t roll it too thinly (to illustrate: if you are using 38 × 42cm parchment paper, there should be a 5 cm empty space around each edge). Remove the upper paper.
- Peel the apples, thinly slice them and cover the dough with the apple slices. Sprinkle with erythritol and cinnamon.
- Melt the butter in a small pot and pour it over the apples.
- Roll the dough and transfer it to a baking tray together with parchment paper. The dough is quite fragile, so roll it slowly and carefully. If the dough sticks to the parchment paper while rolling, use a table knife to loosen it.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it cool, then sprinkle with powdered erythritol and cut into 8 slices.
NUTRITIONAL INFO: (per slice)