(focaccia with olives and tomatoes)
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 15 min
SERVES: 16 pieces
SERVING SIZE: 4 pieces
100g mozzarella cheese
25g cream cheese
20g finely ground almonds
15g coconut flour
2 eggs (size M)
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp baking powder
8 black olives
5 sun-dried tomatoes
1 tsp olive oil
coarse ground sea salt
1 tsp dried rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the mozzarella into small pieces and mix it together with the cream cheese in a small food processor.
- Add eggs, ground almonds, coconut flour, baking powder, a spoon of oil and mix to get a smooth mixture.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a spoon transfer the batter to the parchment paper and form an oval shape. Cover it with cling foil to prevent sticking and flatten with your hands to make one-half cm thick dough. Lightly press with your fingers into the dough to shape holes and remove the foil.
- Cut the black olives into rings and sun-dried tomatoes into smaller pieces. Place olives and tomatoes on the dough and lightly push them into the dough. Sprinkle with coarse ground salt, rosemary and a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a rack and cut into 16 pieces.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (per serving):
|Kcal||Net Carbs [g]||Sugars [g]||Fibre [g]||Protein [g]||Fat [g]|
Hint: The dough will rise better if you place 5 ice cubes at the bottom of your oven.
This recipe is contained in the book EAT LIKE SUPERHUMAN, where you can find more low-carb recipe makeovers.