PREP TIME: 1h 15 min
COOK TIME: 5 min
SERVING SIZE: 8 ravioli
100g shredded dry mozzarella cheese
25g low-fat cream cheese
1 egg (size M)
30g de-oiled almond flour
20g coconut flour
150g fresh spinach leaves
40g ricotta cheese
- Melt the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a wide saucepan on medium-low heat. Add beaten egg and mix until all ingredients are well combined. Mix almond flour, coconut flour and salt in a small bowl and add it to the melted mozzarella. Remove from stove and mix until the flour is well absorbed.
- Knead the dough with your hands into two balls and place them in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Wash the spinach and cook it for 1-2 minutes in salted boiling water. Drain it, wait until it cools than squeeze it with your hands to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Cut the spinach to smaller pieces, add salt, pepper, ground nutmeg, and ricotta cheese.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and roll each ball between two sheets of parchment paper into about a 20×25cm rectangle. Remove the top paper and cut the dough lengthwise into two equal parts.
- Place 12 hazelnut-sized heaps of filling about 4 cm apart in two rows on the first part of the dough.
- Cover with the second part of dough and press firmly around the filling to seal.
- Using a sharp knife or a pastry wheel cut into individual ravioli. Press the edges together to ensure they are sealed. Let the ravioli dry for at least one hour or overnight.
- Boil salted water and cook the ravioli for 5 minutes, until they float to the top. Drain them and serve with homemade tomato pasta sauce.
NUTRITIONAL INFO: (per serving)