Chicken Little's fingers
PREP TIME: 30 min
COOK TIME: 15 min
SERVES: 20 fingers
SERVING SIZE: 5 fingers
250g boneless, skinless chicken breasts
110g cheddar cheese
10g coconut flour
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp garlic powder
ground black pepper
- Turn the oven to 200 °C.
- Cut chicken in thin strips, half a finger thick and about 10 cm long. Place them in a medium bowl, add paprika, garlic powder, a pinch of ground pepper and mix well.
- Place the coconut flour on a plate. Beat the egg in a medium bowl. Shred the cheddar cheese and place it on a large plate.
- Prepare a baking tray and cover it with parchment paper.
- For each strip of meat do the following: roll the meat strip in coconut flour and shake off excess flour. It is essential to give a minimum amount of flour. Dip the meat in egg and place it on the shredded cheddar cheese. Cover meat with cheese and place it on the baking tray. Adjust the cheese because the protruding parts will get burned.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with homemade barbecue sauce or ketchup.
NUTRITIONAL INFO: (per serving)