PREP TIME: 60 min
COOK TIME: 25 min
SERVES: 4 pieces
SERVING SIZE: 1 piece
100g low-fat cream cheese
50g finely ground parmesan cheese
125g shredded mozzarella
¼ tsp garlic powder (optional)
500g fresh spinach
110g sour cream
50g smooth cottage cheese
50g shredded cheese
¼ tsp garlic powder
a pinch of ground nutmeg
salt, black pepper
Preparation - dough
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, eggs and mix well with an electric mixer.
- Add parmesan cheese and garlic powder (optional), then mix again.
- Add shredded mozzarella and mix with a spoon (do not use the electric mixer for this step).
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper, pour the mixture and distribute it evenly to cover the whole tray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until its lightly brown on the top.
- Wait for the dough to cool, then cut it into three pieces. One piece has to be so big that it just fits into the baking dish (mine is 20×20cm).). If you have a baking dish that is considerably smaller, prepare the lasagna in four layers.
Preparation - filling
- Wash the spinach and quickly cook it in salted boiling water for two minutes.
- Drain it, wait until it cools, then squeeze out excess liquid with your hands.
- Cut spinach into smaller pieces, add salt, pepper, garlic powder, ground nutmeg, 50g of sour cream and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine 50g of smooth cottage cheese and 60g of sour cream or use 110g of ricotta cheese instead.
- Heat the oven to 190° C.
- Place the first piece of dough in the baking dish, spread one-third of the spinach, and carefully spread over half of the cream mixture. Continue by laying the second piece of dough, spreading the spinach and the other half of the cream mixture. Place the last layer of dough, apply the last part of the spinach and sprinkle grated cheese on the top.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Cut into four pieces and serve.
You can prepare the dough and filling in advance and store it in the fridge.
NUTRITIONAL INFO: (per serving)