David the Gnome's pizza
PREP TIME: 12 min
COOK TIME: 25 min
SERVING SIZE: 1 pizza
55g low-fat cream cheese
1 egg (size M)
1 tbsp heavy cream
25g unflavoured whey protein powder
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp psyllium husks (optional)
a pinch of salt
a slice of butter (10g)
30g slices of cooked ham
30g shredded mozzarella
5 black olives
2 slices of bell pepper
2 tbsp homemade tomato sauce
½ tsp dried oregano
Preparation - dough
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the cream cheese, egg and heavy cream in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer. Add whey protein powder, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix until you get a smooth texture without lumps. Add psyllium husks and mix again.
- Brush a small cast iron skillet or oven-safe non-stick pan (diameter approx. 15 cm at the bottom) with melted butter and pour in the mixture. Put the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool a little before adding the topping.
Preparation - topping
- Increase the oven temperature to 220°C.
- Cover the dough with two tablespoons of homemade tomato sauce and sprinkle with dried oregano. Cut the cooked ham slices into smaller cubes, place them on the pizza and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- Cut two slices of bell pepper and dice them. Place the bell pepper and black olives on the dough.
- Put the pan back in the oven and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until the mozzarella melts.
- Remove the pizza from the pan using a spatula and serve it on a plate.
NUTRITIONAL INFO: (per serving)