Snow white's balls
PREP TIME: 30 min
COOK TIME: 15 min
SERVES: 4 balls
SERVING SIZE: 2 balls
2 eggs (size L)
40g almond milk
40g heavy cream
2 tsp natural vanilla extract
10g whey protein powder (vanilla flavour)
30g powdered erythritol
- Grind erythritol in a coffee grinder or in a small food processor.
- Pour almond milk, heavy cream and vanilla extract in a saucepan.
- Separate the eggs – place the egg whites in a mixing bowl and egg yolks in the saucepan. Add whey protein powder to the pan and mix well until the mixture is smooth without any lumps.
- Heat the mixture at a medium-low temperature, stirring constantly until it reaches 65°C. Reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes until the cream thickens. Stir constantly and make sure the cream doesn’t heat over 70°C because the yolks will then coagulate. Remove from stove and let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 120°C.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks start to form. Slowly add powdered erythritol and beat until stiff.
- Fill a semicircle silicone mould (cavities are approx. 8 cm in diameter) with egg whites. You should get 4 egg white balls.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes and let the balls cool completely.
- To remove the balls from the mould, run a tablespoon around the edge of each ball and slowly lift it. Invert the ball and place it on a large plate – two balls on each plate.
- Cover each ball with a spoon of cream and serve immediately.
NUTRITIONAL INFO: (per serving)